1. What holds the Sun together?
2. Why does the Sun give off light?
3. The picture shows the Sun and Earth to scale. How big is the Sun compared to the Earth, approximately.
4. What are the dark things (labeled A) in the figure above called?
5. Why are these regions dark?
6. What powers the Sun?
The following animation shows the process by which the Sun generates its energy.
Movie of Sun's Energy Generation
8. How do we know sunspots have magnetic fields?
9. Why does heat flow from the Sun's core to its surface?
10. Why does the number of sunspots change over time?
11. How long is it between peaks in the number of sunspots?
12. The Sun is supported against the crushing force of its own gravity by