1. Which of the following demonstrate the property of inertia?
A A car skidding on a slippery road..
BThe oil tanker "Exxon Valdez" running aground.
C A brick sitting on a table top.
DWhipping a table cloth out from under the dishes set on a table.
EAll of the Above.
2. If an object moves along a curved path at a constant speed, you can infer that
Aa force is acting on it.
B it is accelerating.
Cit is in uniform motion.
Dboth (a) and (b) are true.
Eneither (a) nor (b) is true.
3. If the distance between two bodies is quadrupled, the gravitational force between
Aincreased by a factor of 4.
Bdecreased by a factor of 4.
Cdecreased by a factor of 8.
Ddecreased by a factor of 16.
Edecreased by a factor of 64.
4. The gravitational force exerted by the Sun on the Earth is the same as the
gravitational force exerted by the Earth on the Sun
5. Two planets have identical diameters but differ in mass by a factor of 25. The
more massive planet therefore has an escape velocity
A 25 times larger than the other.
B 25 times smaller than the other.
C 5 times larger than the other.
D 625 times larger than the other.
E 50 times larger than the other.