1. What do we mean by the Solar System?
2. What holds it together?
3. What is the largest object in the Solar System?
4. What do we call the large objects that move in orbit around the Sun?
5. How do the planets near the Sun differ from those farther out?
6. About how old is the Solar System?
10. What component of the clouds became the inner planets?
11. How did the Solar System's shape develop?
12. Do all the planets orbit the Sun in the same direction?
13. Why do all the planets orbit the Sun in the same direction?
14. What is meant by the Solar Nebula?
15. Were all parts of the Solar Nebula the same temperature?
16. Which part of Solar Nebula was hottest?
17. What heated the inner part of the Solar Nebula?
19. How did planetesimals form?
20. What evidence can we see today of planetesimals?
21. What is meant by accretion?
22. What had to happen to planetesimals to turn them into planets?
23. What process made this occur?
24. Why are objects like Mercury and the moons of Saturn and Jupiter so heavily