The Figure below shows the terrestrial planets.
2. What are the most common features on Mercury's surface?
3. What sort of atmosphere has Mercury?
4. What factor about Mercury best explains its atmosphere or lack thereof?
5. What is odd about Mercury's motions?
6. In the Figure above, why can't we see any surface features on Venus?
9. What gas makes up most of the atmosphere of Mars?
10. What evidence leads astronomers to think that Mars may once have had a milder climate?
11. Why is it not surprising that Mars is tectonically inactive today?